PROV 200 No Electrical Power - Anywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PROV 200 No Electrical Power - Anywhere

Well, I moved to South Carolina and didn't splach my boat for 2 years. After installing a new battery (yes its a good one) I find I have no power anywhere. I'm mean no trim, no gauges (LCD) no radio, and worst of all, no start.

What the heck can be wrong. I have cleaned the connections looked at all the fuses I could find and nothing. I do have power back to the starter relays, but otherwise I don't see anything anywhere.

The boat is a MasterCraft Barefoot 200 and it came with this engine originally. There was no indication of any problems the last time I ran it two years ago.

Is there some sort of master switch, fuse or relay I need to look for ?

Got me stumped and I'm really Jonesing to use it.

What say ye ?

fuses @ motor are ok ?
    have a batt switch ?

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I don't have a battery switch and have't found any fuses except for a 30 amp in the wiring by the battery. It checked fine. There is also a small black box connected to the battery by a metal strap that has about a 12 gauge wire attached to it. Not sure what the heck that is.

Comment

There are inline fuses on engine, need to check to see if engine fuse is blown.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks.

Where exactly would I find these fuses ? I have looked under the cowl even pulling off some covers and find nothing.

BTW,

Do you know what the little black box that connects to the positive terminal with a metal tab on the battery does ? It seems to have a plastic button on one side, but its is just loose and pressing it does nothing. It doesn't have a part number but it does say 12V 20A which leads me to believe its some sort of circut breaker.

Comment

The fuses are by where battery cables connect to engine.
            That is a circuit breaker on battery for one of the circuits in boat and the button is a reset button.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks. That is what I think the problem is. Apparently the breaker popped for whatever reason and the reset isn't working. Might be just as well as the terminals on the breaker are corroded so bad they spun in the unit when I tried to loosen them.

I'll try and find a new one, but there is no part number on it so it may be hard to find.

Wonder if I could just use an in-line fuse ?

Comment

That breaker doesn't affect engine starting, it is a circuit in boat, the fuse for engine circuits are on engine.
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Do you know where exactly ?

Comment

Might check your owners manual or service manual to see where they are.
                    If is sat up for that long it is a good possibility rats or other animals have nested in boat and chewed up you wiring.

A volt meter would help find where you have power and where you do not,guiding you to where problem is

Comment

Working...
                    X