Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha 90tlrv

Ok please forgive me as this is my first boat

So my problem is I can't keep this thing running unless I move the choke to open will not run in normal except in my yard

In open runs half throttle but will not idle in the water

I have cleaned tank sprayed carbs and changed fuel pump

Spraying carbs does not sound like you pulled, disassembled , and cleaned the carbs properly.
    Make sure you do the link and sync after reinstalling like your service manual says.

Also sounds like that motor does not have a choke, but does have the prime start enrichment system. make sure you clean all of that too

Comment

Link and sync have no clue what that is but I am willing to listen and learn

Have no manual just boat

Should I order a Rebuild kit for carbs if I'm to tear them down

Ty for your reply
      Last edited by r.screen; 04-12-2012, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Do I want that sw open closed or normal

Comment

Normal should be during normal operation , open to get it running if things plug up in carbs and you need to get back to dock, and closed after motor warmed up if you had to set it to open to get started.

A Yamaha service manual for your motor will pay for itself if you plan on working on this motor yourself

I would take them apart clean them up and see what you need.
          Kits usually come with stuff you may not need like floats , needles, seats, and most all gasket & o-rings. Have no idea about a 90, just my C40
          Last edited by 99yam40; 04-12-2012, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Sounds like your carbs are crapped up. Had near the same. After three times through them I worked the pilot jet and path from both ends with carb cleaner and compressed air. Idled fine after that. As far as rebuild kit, you can get all gaskets individually at the same price. the ones between the top and bottom and bowl drain plug are most important.

That red levered valve is for emergency use. Anything other than normal means you have a problem to fix.

Yamaha factory service manuals are available direct from Yamaha's online site. They look expensive until you use it.

Comment

Working...
            X