C D I / I think?-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C D I / I think?-

I have a used 70-TLRX 1999 I put it in the water for the first time this weekend. it started fine and rev's up fine but when I push the power full, it falls on it's face. it seem's to run fine a 1200 RPM or less. after getting it home and doing some checking #3 cylinder is not firing, compression is 135 same as #1 & 2 cyl. removed spark plug wire on #1 & 2 both had drop in RPM #3 no change. swaped #2 coil with #3 no change. also swaped #2 coil feed wire to #3 still no change. any ideas?

You need to test voltages as the service manual states to see if it ignition related or fuel related.

If you are getting good spark then I would look at fuel pump for hole dumping fuel into #3 crankcase

Comment

try swapping plugs

Comment

CDI / I think

I did swap plugs no change . I did check for spark and had none so I swaped coils still no spark. are there anyother con*****ers between the feed wire to the coils and the CDI ?

Comment

So from your tests you have eliminated, spark plugs, coil and spark leads. There is a possibility of it being the CDI, but I would want to either borrow a known good one or failing that eliminate the other parts of the firing circuit. This is a link to a site that may help you out. Look under support. You will probably have to obtain a multi meter and a DVA adapter.

CDI Electronics: The World's Leading Ignition Spe******ts ::: 1-800-467-3371

Comment

Working...
          X