1999 C90 Tilt sub assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 C90 Tilt sub assembly

I have a 1999 Yam C90 and I need to replace the cylinder cap screw but I'm not sure about how to get the sub assembly apart. Does it come apart at the piston or the pivot end? If at the piston how do I remove the little pin?

Thanks in advance for any help.

The cap is not sold separate, only the seal. Would have to buy Piston sub assemble.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Believe it or not you do sell it seperately because I just ordered and received the part. It costs $30.00 according to your web site and is part of the schematic break down on your web site. If the sub assembly can be put together it can be taken apart. I'm not paying $500.00 for the sub assembly. By the way how do you propose to get the seal on if one cannot disassemble the sub assembly? Thanks for your help anyway.

Comment

It does come apart, the piston unscrews off of ram. Will need a good vise with soft jaws.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Ok,
          Thanks, I'm guessing that I have to remove the small pin located on the piston? I'm thinking a very small set of needle nosed pliers?

Comment

I figured out that the small pin holds a ball bearing that serves as a check valve so I didn't fiddle with it. I did put the piston in a large vise and attempted to loosen it but that didn't work so a placed two like sized drill bits into the check valve holes in the bottom of the piston and turned it in the vise and viola! I can move forward with the rebuild!

Comment

Well I can't move forward with the rebuild because I found out I was sent a TRIM cylinder cap screw and the TILT cylinder cap screw is not available unless I buy the whole sub-assembly. Anyone know where I can find just a TILT cylinder cap screw?

Comment

Working...
              X