Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QUICK!!! Help!!! Changing Foot Oil -- Yamaha F225

First time I changed the foot oil.

I drained it all and started pumping in new.

When it appeared to be full (oil coming out of the top), I put the screw in during a slow pump and had it seep out around the threads and I tightened the screw.

Well, I wanted to see what would happen, so with the screw tight, I gave another pump...and another...

The question is -- should I pump more in with the top screw tight? I guess this would have the fluid under slight pressure?

Or, do I simply put the screw in when the top is draining oil and be done with it?

Thanks for a prompt reply!

Originally posted by USMCsilver View Post

Or, do I simply put the screw in when the top is draining oil and be done with it
    Just like that.
    Stanley Islander 19, 2006 Yamaha F150TLRC. Ottawa, Canada
    16' York River, 1986 Yamaha PRO 50.

Comment

Lower Gear Case Oil Change

Originally posted by USMCsilver View Post
      First time I changed the foot oil.

I drained it all and started pumping in new.

When it appeared to be full (oil coming out of the top), I put the screw in during a slow pump and had it seep out around the threads and I tightened the screw.

Well, I wanted to see what would happen, so with the screw tight, I gave another pump...and another...

The question is -- should I pump more in with the top screw tight? I guess this would have the fluid under slight pressure?

Or, do I simply put the screw in when the top is draining oil and be done with it?

Thanks for a prompt reply!

STOP! Do NOT DO WHAT YOU ARE DOING>>>>

Start over or remove injection unit and drain gear lube down to the fill level screw as required...Replace vent/fill screw with new gasket and wipe it clean..
      To much oil will generate excess pressure on lower seals causing more problems...

Comment

Working...
      X