Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it Possible to Connect a 2001 F115TLR to a NMEA 2000 Network?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it Possible to Connect a 2001 F115TLR to a NMEA 2000 Network?

Hello! First, let me say that this is my first post, so take it easy on me. I run a 20' El Pescador (Bay Boat) with a 2001 (manufactured in 2000) Yamaha F115TLR (fuel injected). I have a digital tachometer (it does NOT have the "set" and "mode" keys,) and a separate analog fuel gauge. I would like to connect my engine to my LOWRANCE HDS unit through the NMEA 2000 network. I was not sure if this is possible on the earlier model four strokes without a CommandLink hub so I contacted LOWRANCE, A service rep told me that I would be able to connect under the cowling using the "120-37 Yamaha Engine Interface Cable" however I can NOT find a white harness with a blue and a white wire anywhere under the cowling (not under the latches or fuel filter or other wiring or anything. I don't even see a blue and white wire anywhere near each other). I'm starting to think that the LOWRANCE rep was wrong and I am searching for something that doesn't exist. I just want to confirm that suspicion before I give up trying.

Just so that there is no confusion, my suspicion is that my engine is to old to connect to the network.

Comment

No you can not connect this engine to NMEA 2000.

Comment

Thanks for answering my question. That's what I thought. Just wanted to make sure before I gave up on it.

Comment

Has to be 2006 and later. Some of the late made 2005 4 strokes were NMEA 2000 compliant.

Comment

Working...
          X