2002 yamaha 90 hp 2 stroke prop shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 yamaha 90 hp 2 stroke prop shaft

Technical question.. sorry if this has been asked before, but I went some 30 odd pages deep (eyes started crossing) and found nothing .. I need to change the prop shaft on my Yamaha 90 and wanted to know the steps - and pit falls to look out for .. also where can I order the large socket type tool to remove the retainer. Any info would be helpful.
    I got a boat now "bout time" took me 50 years to do so

For this proceedure I recommend purchasing a service manual and thoroughly reading prior to disassembly. The tool can be obtained from K-L tools. The following link should be able to assist you.

YAMAHA MANUAL STORE

Motorcyle Lifts, Performance & Wheel Equipment, & Hand Tools
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Yeah Big job. In a nutshell. REmove clip and prop nut. Take off prop. Hopefully comes straight off, otherwise obtain puller and attach to fins and gently pull off, will come. Tidy up. Lift tab which you should be able to see. It is a thin piece of aluminium and just pry up with screwdriver. Ring nut - requires special tool. I made my own and still no luck, had to drill/chisel out. Got out in four pieces. Bearing carrier - large piece which requires a lot of patience and heat to remove. I was at mine for days and took it the pros and they got it out. Check out bravo one on utube. Obtain puller and pull the bearing carrier out over the top of the prop shaft. Be mindful of the gear control knob on the other end, as it is attached. Once bearing carrier out and the gear selector has been disconnected you should be able to pull prop shaft straight out. For your info. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
      X