30 hp compression question/advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 hp compression question/advice

I have found a 2 cylinder 30 hp for a good deal and i have been looking for one for a while. The owner says the compression is 83 and 89 . Is that ok? Thanks. Ive only been able to find info on 3 cylinders via search. He says it runs great.

Sounds kind of low, but it may be his gauge and not the motor.
    Take it out and run the heck out of it to see how it runs and holds up for more than a couple of minutes at different RPMs before putting money down

Comment

He said his compression tester is real old and he thought he could hear a leak in it. I thought he might just be saying that. But maybee he is telling the truth. He said he is sending me a video if it running.

Comment

You can trust whom ever you want, but running and testing your self is what I do

Comment

That is what i will do. Just making sure the compression wasnt way too low so i dont waste my time going to check it out.

Comment

Those compressions sound pretty normal for a 30, they just need to be with in 10% (ish) of each other and within manufacturers specs (which they are)

Comment

I have a 3 cylinder electric start yamaha, and when using the electric start to test mine i got 105, 107, 107. I've read that pull start will give you a much lower reading.

Comment

Working...
              X