how to fill/bleed trim system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to fill/bleed trim system?

OK, i got a yammy 70, after tilting my motor up it is falling down a very little. after 1-2 hours it fall down to where i just not able to flip down the tilt support lever. and it will stay there not go any further down(may be it will but would take days i havn't tried it yet only 5 hours), everything else works fine trim/tilt up and down no problem. also no visable signs of oil leak.

now i need to at least frist try to top it up and get any air possible inside first. and if it still not fix the problem then i'd have to look into it further, but there are no instruction of how to do it on youtube or pictures showing.

so can anyone let me know what are those bolt/screws for?
    i think A is fill hole for the reservior, but i don't think it's possible to stick a screwdriver at B as there are a metal hose running right accross it. and there is 1 more at bottom 'C'

can anyone just explain how i should do it? what are the screws at B and C ?
    what about all those other small bolts and the small bolt at the bottom i shouldn't touch them?

The Tilt&Trim on my 90C Yamaha will leak down slowly like that, maybe an internal O-Ring or ball check valve leaking some....otherwise the system works fine, so maybe better to leave it alone, since it is a sealed hydraulic system and not easily repaired or replaced. If no visual fluid leaks then fluid levels most likely O.K. Use the Tilt Lock to hold it up. Maybe let the sleeping dog lay? Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
    X