115AETO oil feeder pump problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 115AETO oil feeder pump problem

My Yamaha failed to pump oil from the remote to the main oil tank on start up last month, got the red light and the buzzer, everything was running fine in Nov 2011. Oil feeder pump motor filled with oil, replaced leaking oil seal with a new one and pump now runs fine, but no oil pumped. Manual says to bleed by removing the oil line at the top of the remote tank, fill with 1.5 liters of oil and it should pump out, it does not. I only put about two liters of oil in fearing a problem. Balance of serial number is 6E5 L 352105, I think it is an 1984, parts folks tell me it is a international number not released in the US, bought it 18 months old, on an 1984 Monark F/S in the US. Would appreciate any help.

If the pump is running but not pumping then check the inline filter for plugging or kink/pinched oil line

Comment

Can you hear the transfer pump run if turn ignition key on and activate the emergency override toggle switch on engine, if pump runs and no oil is being transfered then check for pinched oil hose or plugged oil filter on back of remote oil tank, if pump doesn't run then transfer pump and wiring to pump.
      OilTransferChart.pdf
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

When key is turned on I can hear the transfer pump run and when the toggle switch is activated it runs a little louder. No kinked hoses, will take strainer off and check, then report back here. Thanks for the direction.

Comment

Replaced filter/strainer and it is pumping oil up to the main tank. Now the only concern is the aftermarket oil shaft seal that I repaired the pump with. If it holds the oil out of the electric motor I am all set for another fishing season! Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X