Power Trim & Tilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Trim & Tilt

I am new to this forum. Have a 2000 200hp yam. The PT&T does not operate. Get click when operating switch on engine and at gear lever. Fully charged battery. Need help.

do you have access to a voltmeter and have the knowledge to use it to troubleshoot your problem?

If not disconnect motor leads and touch them to the + and - on a 12 volt battery to see if motor functions. If it does then you may have a relay problem

Comment

Power Trim & Tilt

Yes, I have a voltmeter and know how to use it. I have continuity between 1 and + on the relay and between 2 and + also. That is as far as I have been.

Comment

Yes, I have a vlotmeter and understand how to use it. Have continuity between 1 and + on the relay and between 2 and + also. That is as far as I got.

Comment

TOuched the motor leads to 12volt batt and nothing happened. must be a defective motor.

Comment

Did you disconnect the motor leads from the relay first?

Did the leads draw and arc when you touched them to the battery?

Did you reverse the leads on the battery to see if that made a difference?
            If it does not pull any current then something has lost connection.
            There is a fuse/breaker inside the motor that could be open or the brushes are bad, or winding opened

Comment

Working...
            X