2002 f80txr lower unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 f80txr lower unit

I have a 25" drive shaft that I would like to have converted to a 20" drive shaft. Does anyone know how long (approximately) it should take a dealers service department to complete the modification?

Are you talking about just changing the drive shaft in your lower unit or converting a motor to a short shaft from a long

Comment

If your motor has the 5 inch spacer, then would need to remove spacer, change drive shaft, shift shaft and water tube.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I'm planning to just switch the lower unit onto another motor (f100tlr), whose lower unit was damaged after hitting a log.

Comment

I've removed the lower unit, and am scheduled to bring it to a local Yamaha dealer. I got a quote on their hourly labor rate, but wanted to know how many hours it should take to remove the drive shaft, shifter shaft, and water intake tube and install the respective parts to make it a 20" drive. Also, can you provide part numbers for the drive shaft, shifter shaft, etc.?

Comment

Probably be about 8 hours labor.
            Drive shaft is number 10 in this diagram, also need seals and gaskets 2002 F80TLRA Yamaha Outboard LOWER CASING DRIVE 1 Diagram and Parts
            shift shaft is number 14 2002 F80TLRA Yamaha Outboard CONTROL Diagram and Parts
            Water tube is number 2 2002 F80TLRA Yamaha Outboard LOWER CASING DRIVE 2 Diagram and Parts
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X