yamaha motor runs fine on trailer but not in water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha motor runs fine on trailer but not in water

I have a 2004 yamaha 250 HPDI that when the boat is on tailer it runs fine. You can keep it running on trailer for long period of time and continue to give it gas and it still runs perfect. However, once you put in water and give it gas the motor acts like it stops getting gas or it seems to bog down. Sometimes you can ease down the throttle at low rpm and it might be fine for a very short period and then it stops. It sounds like the motor bogging down. I have checked the pressure in the fuel line and it checks out. I have ruled out bad gas. The fuel filter has been cleaned/replaced.

Tell us what filters and screens you have replaced , do you realize there are more than one fuel filter/screen on that motor?

and what was the fuel pressure?

What did you do to rule out bad fuel?

have you hooked it up to a computer to see what is says?

Comment

Sounds simular to my problem. Anyone have any ideas?

I have a 2005 Yamaha 200 HPDI with approx 200 hours. Boat was in storage for 2 years running fine. Pulled it out of storage, took it to shop and had mechanics go through the motor. Shop reccomended 100 hour service, drain the fuel, change filters, fluids, etc. I agreed and they serviced the boat.

Boat sat for 6 weeks - I dropped it in the water today and started right up, idled perfect and sounded great. When I went to go on plain the motor reved up and then shut down, reved back up and shut back down. Like a rev limiter. Boat never got on plain, took it back to dock and brought it home.

Thoughts?

Thank you

Comment

Check cylinder compression before doing anything else........

Comment

Working...
        X