Lifting 150 V max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifting 150 V max

I want to lift my 150 Vmax of my boat as i'm putting it on a pod and was just wandering if it is ok to use the 3 rings on the heads as the bolts don't look verry big ?

lifting eye

Use the lifting eye? Its on the front of the motor under the cowling?

I hope this model has it....Take a look...

Comment

I think it has three one on each head

Comment

never seen a 3 headed motor

Comment

lol one on each of the power heads and watever the other thing is , intake frome air and fuel probable were a carby would bolt on an old motor. I'm farly confadent that they are the 3 points to lift from.

Comment

A picture is worth a thousand words, but I am sure they are for lifting

Comment

here is a some pics
              Attached Files

Comment

Yes they are for lifting the motor

Comment

Thanks mate.

Comment

Lifting the whole motor off the boat today ready for the pod.

Comment

What is a pod?

They may use a device kind of like a spreader jig that is adjustable so that you can adjust and balance between the three points. But I am sure you can do the adjusting by using different lengths of chain. Spread between 3 points there is not much weight on the individual holders and bolts

Comment

A pod in very general terms is an extension added to the transom to mount an outboard motor(s). There are, as always, variations and pros and cons to having one. From personal experience I have found a benefit to them when retrofitting an outboard to a inboard/outboard configuration that had a doghouse.
                        It gives a more usable deck space in the stern and a noticeable reduction in engine noise.
                        Yes, you could just mount the outboard on the transom, but that could involve quite a lot of additional fiberglass work compared to installing a pod. Hope you get the general idea 99yam40

Comment

Thanks 99yam40.

Comment

Originally posted by bumperfood View Post
                            A pod in very general terms is an extension added to the transom to mount an outboard motor
                            Hope you get the general idea 99yam40
                            I got it , thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X