oil conversion 6R3-13200-09-00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil conversion 6R3-13200-09-00

What does this conversion do? Does it alleviate the need to bleed air from the
    reserve tank line when the emergency transfer switch is used / Does it self prime? Thank You!
    Last edited by R Socey; 01-18-2012, 01:54 PM. Reason: bad spelling

That part number is the replacement oil pump(Mikuni) if you already have the conversion kit installed on engine. If you have the Keihin pump on your engine then will conversion kit but I don't know what model you.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I have whatever came with my moters from the factory I assume - I purchased my boat/moters 6, years ago. My oil lines are not clear though.
      I want to know what the conversion encompasses; what is being converted -
      why? I have no conversion kit. I am investigating whether or not I should buy two of them. Thanks!

Comment

The conversion has inline check valves instead of internal check valves in oil pump. Look at oil pump to see if has Keihin or a Mikuni pump on it.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
          The conversion has inline check valves instead of internal check valves in oil pump. Look at oil pump to see if has Keihin or a Mikuni pump on it.
          I have the same question, what does the conversion kit do? I see in the online parts list to "see note." Where do I find the note?

Does the kit fix/stop the periodiac oil leak I have after use? it appears to be coming from under the oil pump.

I have a 89 PROV150F with oil pump Keihin.

Comment

Kit helps with oil leaking out of air silencer when engine tilted up and stop oil from draining back down into oil pump leaving oil lines empty, again if it has the Keihin pump replace it with kit.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Okay I have those symtoms, oil leaking and the Keihin pump on my 89 PROV.

Is this the correct part number conversion kit, 6G5-W1320-00-00?
              If not could you direct me to the correct kit number.

Is this something anyone can do or do I need to take it to a pro? Will the kit come with everything I need?

Thanks, I have been searching quite a while to find out why it leaks oil when not in use. Would this kit help with proformance of the motor?

Comment

You didn't say what engine you have but if it's a 150 then yes that is correct kit. Just make sure new check valves are installed correctly and add 50:1 oil mix in gas while tring to get all air out of oil lines. No it wont make it run better.
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
                X