Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing the neutral switch in a 703 Control Box

Hello All,

Can anyone please give me a brief insight into how difficult it is to replace the neutral switch in the 703 Yammie Control Box.

What im interested in knowing is, when i open the con*****er what am i to expect, my fear is that a heap of springs and linkages will be dislodged when first opening.

What im asking for is a brief step by step guide to getting to the source of my problem, the Neutral Switch. Then replacing it with a new one i have.

Thanks in advance to those who assist me.

Daniel.
    Last edited by Kingie slayer; 01-08-2012, 05:59 PM.

have you bypassed it to be sure its your issue ? i know its easy on the 704 but forget as i havent split a 703 for years
    once you split the control theres nothing that will fly out.... just remember when you reassemble to lift idler up about halfway to make refitting easier

Comment

Hi and thanks for your input.

I confirmed that the start solenoid is functional, and so i placed a voltmeter across the two solenoid energizing leads that are on the start solenoid,,and, when i turn the ignition key, there is no voltage, so im presuming that the switch in the 703 box is not functioning...

is my fault finding technique correct,,,,?

Comment

or keyswitch but leave that for another who knows electrics better than me

Comment

Well,

Just changed out the Neutral Switch, and its not that....

So.....Im guessing the next thing to check will be the key switch,,,

Is there anything else i should be / could be checking?

How can i do a simple check of the Key Switch...By that do you mean the actual Ignition Switch, ?

Daniel.

Comment

Use the voltmeter to check to see where you have 12v + and where you do not. Always put black meter lead on a black wire or ground to make sure you have a good connection on the negative side while testing for the 12 v +
            Red wire at switch should be 12v + from battery.
            Brown should be start circuit from switch to relay going through the neutral switch
            where is something on wire colors
            Wiring Color Codes for YAMAHA Outboard Motors.
            Last edited by 99yam40; 01-09-2012, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X