Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all - Help with 130BETO Carb Problems

Just signed up so hello all.
    Towards the end of last summer I had the fuel go off in the carby bowls. Up until that point the engine had always been faultless.
    I have removed and completely stripped and cleaned the carby's and blown them out with compressed air. The top carby and the bottom L/H barrel appears fine but for the life of me I cannot get the bottom R/H to fire. Compression and spark are fine. On the weekend I put the boat in the water and off the trailer it appeared fine. Then it dropped a cylinder which seemed to come and go.
    I will remove the carb's again and I am considering having them ultrasonically cleaned. As best as I can tell all orifices are clear.
    Has anyone else been through something similar? Is it worth looking at the fuel pump do you think?
    Any help or suggestions appreciated.
    Cheers
    Roly

Never hurts to check pumps to make sure they are good.
    Some times after cleaning carbs something from inside the pumps or fuel lines turns loose and plugs up a orifice again soon after starting up.

Did you make sure you reinstalled all parts back into the carbs they came from?

Testing spark with a inductive timing light or spark tester while problem is occurring would be a good idea to see if it is dropping spark or if it is fuel related
    Last edited by 99yam40; 01-08-2012, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X