Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

problems with ignition key switches on all four stroke models 2010 and newer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with ignition key switches on all four stroke models 2010 and newer.

i live in a remtoe area of canada andjust brought a tiller handle accessory kit for my 60 hp four stroke motor. within 3 months my ignition key switch has died, as have 5 others at a local salmon farm. could this be a batch of defective switches? they all did the same thing. first they wont start he motors unless you turn the key slowly and only half way on the starting cycle, secondly they wouldnt start the motor at all and finally they lost complete power all togeather. i took my motor to a local shop and becuase i didnt buy the tiller handle from them they charged me 236.80 plus sales tax and labour to replace an item that should have been under warranty the total bill was 372.67. i paid 458 bucks for the tiller handle in total!!! anyone else having this same issue with the key switches?

You might give Yamaha a call, we have not had any issues with them but if there is a problem I'm sure Yamaha knows about it.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X