Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought I'd introduce myself. I go by Cowboy and have been fooling with watercraft and motors most of my life. I am no expert but, just choose to do my own work. I have a couple of boats and well this year they are needing more from me than normal. First project is an 83' Japanese Mariner (Yamaha).
    I spent the holidays trying to get the right carb kit (just got it in the mail) Woot! So the fun begins! I have already tried the simpler disassemble and cleaning. The lower carb seemed fine but the upper was flooding fuel past the needle and seat. So, I removed them and awaited the kit! Any tips before I get started?

I am mostly through with the rebuild. I am going to powdercoat the intake tomorrow. I do have a question about jets on this one there are 2 jets and the smaller ones were blocked off (rubber plugs) these didn't come in my Mallory kit. The original plugs were removed for cleaning and now fit loosely? What are the socond Jets?

Comment

Looks like I have 1990-94 carbs on the ole '83 Mariner (Yamaha) fun!

Comment

Should be pilot(idle) jets under the plug.
        I thought kits came with the rubber plugs.

We have no idea what motor you have because you will not post the HP or the model #.

Make sure all of the parts go back into the carb they came from as some motors have different jets on different cylinders
        Last edited by 99yam40; 01-07-2012, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
          Should be pilot(idle) jets under the plug.
          I thought kits came with the rubber plugs.

We have no idea what motor you have because you will not post the HP or the model #.

Make sure all of the parts go back into the carb they came from as some motors have different jets on different cylinders
          Yeah, I found the complete kit now, think I can get by with adhesive that is impervious to gas, if I can't just get the plugs, on my way to the dealer now.

It is a Japanese made Mariner (Yamaha) 40EO

6E9 S 105113

Carbs are 6E900 series KEI HIN

I ordered 18-7741 should have ordered 9-37519 just above it, cheaper too!

http://www.maxrules.com/fixyamahacarb.html#187741
          Last edited by cowboysurvival1; 01-07-2012, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Got the catbs mounted back on the motor...

Running like a sewing machine...Looks like we are haeding 14 miles up Wataree River hawg huntin'!

Comment

Working...
            X