fitting washout connection to 9.9 four stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fitting washout connection to 9.9 four stroke

I have 2 Yamaha 9.9 extra long shaft high thrust outboards they are 2007 models (the larger capacity 9.9-15 HP block) they are permanently fixed to a sailing catamaran on a mooring. washing out the motors with muffs is very tedious and exhausting due to there location under the boat. I was hoping to retro fit the much easier user friendly system Yamaha have on their bigger outboards from this era which have a hose port on the side of the engine near the top cowling that a hose can connect to and flush the motor out. Is this possible and how do I get the parts?

You can install a Tee fitting in tell-tale hose on engine and connect a flush adapter to tee.
    2006 and Later 4-stroke T9.9GEXH Yamaha Outboard BOTTOM COWLING Diagram and Parts
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I have looked at some of the 9.9 lower cowling versions and this one is exactly as mine is:

2006 and Later 4-stroke T9.9ELR2K Yamaha Outboard BOTTOM COWLING Diagram and Parts

Mounting points to accept the plate and washout fitting are indentical. However could you please confirm on this version the washout hose appears to go to the top of the housing near the thermostat? But when I checked the other microfiche relating to this engine for "cylinder crankcase 1" it is not specific to where this washout hose runs to?

I am curious if i need to buy the hose mentioned on the above page "bottom Cowling parts" hose number 38 and this will run directly from the connector, buy an extra tee to put in the line to the tell tale and hose 38 connects directly to it? Reason I ask is the hose from the wash out connector appears to be a larger one than the little black hose that runs to the tell tale?

Comment

I don't have one out of crate that I can look at but best I can remember it does connect by the thermostat housing.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for that, it might be the easiest way to go, to replace the thermostat housing aswell. An alternative would be drilll and tap mine and install a hose nipple.

Is there any way to view a larger image of the part below:
          66M-41113-30-1S OUTER COVER, EXHAUST --- OUTER COVER, EXHAUST

Which is the one in question, to confirm or discount the location of the washout attachment at this point?

Comment

Other than zoom in on parts diagram to enlarge it I don't have a larger image.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X