Command Link Plus Analog Tachometer Output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command Link Plus Analog Tachometer Output

Is the digital to analog converter Yamaha P/N MAR-6X6DA-C0-00 compatible with the Command Link Plus or just the Command Link? If it is not, would I have to purchase the analog gage interface kit P/N MAR-AGI10-KT-00 to get analog tach output. I recently repowered with F250XCA's and I'm trying to get the tach signal to my older TR1 Gladiator autopilot.

MAR-6X6DA-C0-00 is an Auto Trim Tab retractor interface module. If you will be installing the AGI it will have analog tach signal(green wire connecting to analog tach) output that you can use for autopilot connection.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

After talking to the Yamaha Customer Support folks who were extremely helpful it turns out the MAR-6X6DA-C0-00 is not compatible with the Command Link Plus system. They actually ran a test in there lab to confirm the non-compatibility of the D/A converter with the Command Link Plus system and confirmed their proposed solution which is to use the Command Link side of the Command Link Plus system with another hub, pigtails, power cable and the D/A converter. This was a much less expensive and simpler solution than using two Command Link Plus AGI kits just to get the analog tach signal for each motor. The parts necessary are:

6Y8-81920-01-00 : Multihub
      6Y8-82521-01-00 : Pigtail
      6Y8-85371-01-00 : Mutihub Resistor
      6Y9-83553-20-00 : Hub-Hub Power Lead
      MAR-6X6DA-C0-00 : Digital to Analog Converter

A huge THANKS to the Yamaha customer support team !!!!

Comment

TR1 Hook up

Hello Buster-
        I am just about to do this with my new Twin Yamaha 250's with the Command Link Plus - connecting to my old TR1 Gladiator. How did this set up work you described above?
        Thanks,
        Brett

Comment

Buster appears to have left the building. Has not been seen around these parts for about four years.

Comment

a fascinating post nonetheless!

I had no idea of the existence of "digital to analog converter Yamaha P/N MAR-6X6DA-C0-00" - or is it a "Auto Trim Tab retractor interface module"

(why would one want to "convert digital to analog"?)

nor had I ever heard of "analog gage interface kit P/N MAR-AGI10-KT-00"

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
              a fascinating post nonetheless!

I had no idea of the existence of "digital to analog converter Yamaha P/N MAR-6X6DA-C0-00" - or is it a "Auto Trim Tab retractor interface module"

(why would one want to "convert digital to analog"?)

nor had I ever heard of "analog gage interface kit P/N MAR-AGI10-KT-00"
              Some folks with Yamaha all digital motors like and want analog gauges. There is a device so that someone with an F300/F350 can use analog gauges.

Even if a guy has digital gauges down stairs he may want cheaper analog gauges up in the second station.

Some devices (auto-pilots) need an analog speed signal. There is a device that will feed an analog speed input to an auto pilot.

Your assignment for tonight is to read and study this document. Test to follow domani.

2014 Yamaha MRP Catalog

Comment

makes sense that the "fly-by-wire" engines would simply not have analog outputs in their harness wiring.

reading that "rigging guide", I re-visited the Command Link "tri-ducer".

Water temp - easy. Paddlewheel speed - not surprising.

but sonar depth finder ?

the "circuitry" for that function is built into every CL compatible ECM?

that is actually pretty remarkable.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                  Some folks with Yamaha all digital motors like and want analog gauges. There is a device so that someone with an F300/F350 can use analog gauges.

Even if a guy has digital gauges down stairs he may want cheaper analog gauges up in the second station.

Some devices (auto-pilots) need an analog speed signal. There is a device that will feed an analog speed input to an auto pilot.

Your assignment for tonight is to read and study this document. Test to follow domani.

2014 Yamaha MRP Catalog
                  Nice to see some regard to cater for "retrogrades" in todays consumer world.

Comment

My analog need

I had the old Mechanical 225 motors Just converted to the new 250's. the reason I need analog is for my TR-1 Gladiator Autopilot. I need the Tachometer readings for my Autopilot to function. I hope this setup works.

Comment

I love replacing analog guages. For the people that like the racecar dash look.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                        I love replacing analog guages. For the people that like the racecar dash look.
                        You think?

What does TB POS stand for?

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                          You think?

What does TB POS stand for?
                          LOL

I was sure that I knew what "POS" meant

but I guess, in this context, not.....

Comment

I thought tab position at 1st, but it looks like it is in a car

what do they call those tail wings for down force?

Comment

Okay....what is it?

Comment

Working...
                              X