Charging a battery from a 25hp Yamaha 2-stroke PULL START outboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging a battery from a 25hp Yamaha 2-stroke PULL START outboard

I am looking at buying a used 1994 25hp Yamaha 2-stroke with PULL START. I would like to use the engine to charge a boat battery for running lights, etc.

Can I just put in a rectifier (6G1-81970-00-00), or is there additional parts needed because it is a PULL START?

Thanks,
    Chris

Chris,
    What is the exact model number for your outboard?
    Ken K

Comment

Model number: 25MSHB VIN # 6L2KS-1000118

Comment

Yes the reg kit 6G1-81970-00-00 is all you need to charge a battery.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Hello

I would like to know if I can do the same thing

I have 25 HP Yamaha Model 25LF
          Under that is says 6L2 L 300804

Comment

Bump This Post Up With Another Rectifier Wiring Question

I bought a new (2008 built but purchased in 2010) Model 25MSH, 6L2K S 1040519 Yamaha. I too want to hook up a battery just for running lights, and maybe a radio since night running would be minimal. The kit the Yamaha dealer sold me is the 6G1-81970-62-00. What I need now is to get the manual that will show me how to hook the rectifier up. The motor has the two green wires coming from under the fly wheel, among others, and I know those go to the rectifier, but which one goes where I don't know. The CDI has a yellow/red lead with a female connector, and a pink(ish) lead with a female and a male connector; not that I would use them but I would like to know what they could be used for. Any manual I could get that would tell me that also is what I need.

Thanks,

Greg

Comment

Working...
            X