1996 225 hp electrical problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 225 hp electrical problem

I cranked her up to take her for a spin...then remembered I had to run home. Returned and it would not start, nor would the fuel tanks show level. My trim tabs and radio, running lights, basically everything else worked.

I recycled the batterys, replaced the battery selector, cleaned all the buss bar connections. Pulled out the detachable connectors under the dash and reinserted them. I was going to attempt to reset the connector plug on the right side under the engine cover, master wire bundle but I could not figure how to un-seat or un-lock the plug. I measured under the dash the wires coming from the engine and have not seen any voltage. I am a certified aircraft mechanic but not an electrician...sure would like to gain some local knowledge from some of the senior heads and others that have local knowledge in this area. Of course I wish to solve this myself for personal reasons.

"would not start" could mean a couple of things.
    Starter will turn motor over but not fire up,
    or starter will not engage and turn the motor over at all.

The second one can be caused by a neutral safety switch being stuck or the controls not being in neutral themselves.
    Bad battery, cable, cable connection, blown fuse, or bad wire connection,
    Best to start at the battery and do some voltage measurements to see where you are loosing voltage at, if this is what you problem is.

Not sure what you mean by "I recycled the batterys"

Comment

Working...
    X