X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you need test test amp draw
    if its too high, 5+ amps, it will shut down the system,via ground
    try using a seperate 12v supply and ground to run hp pump

if ethanol issues like ive had this summer, you should clean pres reg filter, behind VST
    and
    injector screens- pull rail, work out screens on front of each with a razor blade edge/knife edge and clean with a good cleaner

Comment

I'm really following this thread cause I'm looking at boat with a pair of 225's. JB did you have crude on you HP pump screen in addition to to your pres reg & injector screens? What are you doing to avoid the problem from happening again. Thanks
      1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
      1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

ethanol is a bad deal, period... i have even been using stabil blue since this spring and drained my tank
        this past weekend i just dumped out my separators and had 3/4 water/crud/mud
        drained VST and motor filter and now better
        i am going to add another access point to my tank in the rear corner of the deck so i can regularly pump water/junk from it

the alternative is to only buy non e-10 .... i only have one station within 20 miles of me... that i know of

Comment

ethanol is a bad deal, period... i have even been using stabil blue since this spring and drained my tank
          this past weekend i just dumped out my separators and had 3/4 water/crud/mud
          drained VST and motor filter and now better
          i am going to add another access point to my tank in the rear corner of the deck so i can regularly pump waterjunk/ from it

the alternative is to only buy non e-10 .... i only have one station within 20 miles of me... that i know of

ive had my boat for many years so i know my tank is prob quite dirty.....hopefully getting better

Comment

Tom how are you making out with this?
            1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
            1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

Still not going yet.... Amp draw on the high pressure pump was at 3.7.

I decided to put a digial volt meter on a few of the injector wires. I was getting a voltage of about 10 -11 volts. (its a pulse so I presume the meter cant give an exact reading since its switching on and off)

I am at a loss at the moment. I ordered the diagnostic light. So now the waiting **** begins. (ordered on the 31st, suppose to ship the 2nd)

It runs for a second or two and then dies. I am not 100% sure its a fuel problem. Although most arrows point to it.

Comment

You should perform a compression test

Comment

I did a compression test and all went well.

I then decided to train the vst tank again and see what the fuel looks like.

My mouth dropped when I saw that one. The gas looked like salad dressing. Not sure how all this water got in there but all in all, there was enough water in the mix to not allow it to run. So I drained it, cleaned out the fuel filter, drained the fuel rail and hooked the motor up to some fresh petrol. Low and behold, the motor fired right up!!!! Afterwards I opened up the vst and cleaned out the filter. Now I have to see how the water got into the fuel and see how much is in the tank.

Comment

May need to check/clean the injector screens also sure do not need any restrictions there that would cause a lean cylinder or two

Comment

i kind of have the same prolblem,i have a 2003 yamaha 2 stroke i changed the coil, plugs,cables,fuel pump,all filters,and put good gas with no ethonal,and my motor stall when i go full throttle,what can it be.

Comment

Mac please start a new thread on you motor and problems

Comment

Working...
                        X