Help, won't keep an idle. 175 2 stroke Yamaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, won't keep an idle. 175 2 stroke Yamaha

Yamaha 175 1988 motor won't hold an idle without raising the RPM's. Runs great on top end up to 4700 maximum rpms. When I come back down to an idle it dies.Will run if I increase the rpm's but seems to be bogged down. No excessive fuel smoke out the back. Seems like it is starving for fuel a bit. I manually flutter switch to choke and it takes off with rpm's then will flood out if I do not switch it off. Changed all fuel filters,water seperator, plugs. Primer bulb has full pressure. Fuel lines are good. Did find two cracked fuel hoses at water seperator filter and replaced them without luck. Carberator rebuilt & Fuel pumps were changed a 1 1/2 year ago. Even removed the inlet line going into the motor while running to see if it change. No luck.
    Initially I started boat at home and it ran great, 10 days later I started it again and now it doesn't. Boat does not have old fuel. Took the boat out for a spin and it did not clear the problem. Just will not run smoothly at low RPM's. In neutral it will die.
    Last edited by wildturkey; 08-21-2011, 01:41 PM.

If runs better with choke then probably need to remove and clean carbs.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X