• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F150 primer bulb

Hi,
    Maybe a silly question.
    I have a 2010 F150.
    Question is, do you have to prime the fuel bulb for every outing or is it just a matter of starting the motor and heading off. My primer bulb is located between the fuel tank and the water seperator/filter.

I know with 2 strokes that the fuel bulb must be primed and firm before starting the motor (after being left over night), is this the case with the
    F150?

Thanks.

No you do not have to prime that engine each time. But the placement of the bulb has me confused (My primer bulb is located between the fuel tank and the water separator/filter) are you talking about the filter mounted on the engine? If so you should mount and additional 10 micron water separator ASAP between the tank and primer bulb these engines need the cleanest fuel possible

Comment

Thank you bluefish for your reply.

Ok, the fuel line comes out of the tank, through the primer bulb and then through the fuel filter/seperator (screw on filter type with an clear inspection bowl on the bottom than you can drain water out if required via a **** screw) - this filter is located in the bilge. From there the fuel line enters the motor and through the filter attached to the motor under the cowl.
      Thanks.

Comment

I believe any of these motors with electric fuel pumps do not need to be primed every time you go to start them, but if you open up the supply system for some reason (change filters or lines) then it would be best to work as much of the air out before turning the key on to let the electric ones run to pressure up the system

Comment

Correct procedure for bleeding air out of fuel lines

I saw your post about getting the air out of the lines after changing all of your filters. What is the best way to do this? Also, my primer buld loses its prime and the fuel bowl drains out after running for a view minutes. What causes this?

Comment

Working...
          X