Moving Yamaha 90TLR from 1 boat to another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Yamaha 90TLR from 1 boat to another

I recently bought a 16 ft tidecraft with a 90TLR. The Transom on the hull is no more good. The price I paid was worth the motor. Now I have found a nice newer 16' hull with no motor. I am asking for advice or if anyone knows where a step-by-step for moving this motor to the good transom please pass it on.
    Also, what's the best way to throw away a 16' fiberglass boat with a broken transom. I don't want it hanging around in the yard once I salvage everything that is useful from it.

I'm not sure of the year of the motor, I am getting the serial number sent to me from my son. I will post the year of the motor as soon as i get it. But, from what I have read, basically all the 90TLR's are the same, if there is a difference, the name would change with a letter or something.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Last edited by dgary5022; 08-14-2011, 09:49 AM.

Centre your motor on the new boat make sure the cavitation plate is even with the bottom of the boat. Then bolt it in hook up battery cables fuel line and you should be ready to try it. G
    auge hookups will stiil need to be done but you can use it.

Comment

Transom can be repaired with some effort and lots of time
      To get rid of boat, cut it up in small pieces and place in dumpster/land fill

Fourth letter gives the year of motor here in US

Comment

I used a reciprocating saw with a carbide blade to cut a large front deck into trash bin sized pieces. The carbide on the blade looks similar to salt on a margarita glass and is still good to go.

Comment

Working...
        X