Trim Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim Gauge

I have a 1993 150 HP Yamaha P150TLRR with Trim Sender 6R3 - 3 wire. Last season it was working, but I assumed was out of adjustment. When the motor was all the way down the gauge showed the tilt in the middle of the range. So, this year I wanted more detail and accuracy so I adjusted the Sender so the arm would push down further and hopefully give me more range on the gauge. Now it doesn't seem to be working at all.
    I've tested the sender - approx. 5V on the orange wire - and I have a pretty linear ohms readout between the black & pink wires when I move the arm throughout it's range by hand. The orange wire has no ohms reading between it and either the black or pink wires. When all hooked up the gauge originally shows all white bars then within a couple seconds it goes all black as if it is way out of adjustment. So, with everything hooked up I manually moved the Trim Sender lever very slowly throughout it's range and found a very narrow (5 degrees) - where the gauge either shows all black or all clear bars - not linear at all.

Help - don't know if the sender is bad or the gauge is not interpreting the signal correctly or if there is another electronic component involved.

I was advised to check the "tilt tube mounted cam" ??? I don't believe I have one. My sensor is round with two mounting screws, has 3 wires and a trigger arm that is "L" shaped that is just pushed down by the engine frame as it tilts & rotates up & down.

I'm ready to order parts but don't know which to replace.
    Thanks for the help.

Should have 0.8-1.2k ohm's between black and orange wire also between pink and black wire also between pink and orange wire on trim sender.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X