1992 30hp shifter/gear problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 30hp shifter/gear problems

Hi there, I have a 1992 30hp (30MSHQ) that I rebuilt the lower unit that was seized. It's come back nicely but I don't seem to have a neutral...when shift lever is in 'neutral' the prop sins forward. When in forward it is the same. When I put it in reverse it slowly stops spinning and goes into reverse. The top end thinks it's in 'neutral' when I start it, but the prop is definetly spinning forward under power. did I miss a part or adjustment....thanks

Put your motor control in neutral, drop the lower unit, and find neutral by rotating the prop shaft while shifting the splined shaft back and forth, then put it back together and they'll both be in neutral. Good Luck!

Comment

Hi Robert, i have a similar issue, wonder if you an help> no intent to take over thread> My reverse gear pops out and bangs away at the dogs when applying throtle. When i am adjusting the linkage for finding nuetral, should the be no noise as I spin the prop. i get a faint ticking. 2009 yammy 25hp 2 stroke.
      Thanks in advance.

Comment

thanks

Thanks Robert for your advice...I forgot the spring compressor by the shifter valve... thanks

Comment

Working...
        X