50hp 4-stroke hard to start when warm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50hp 4-stroke hard to start when warm

I have a 2001 T50. The engine starts quickly after sitting overnight or sitting for a couple of days. It runs fine at idle and at WOT and every where in-between. But, after running a while and then stopping and letting it sit for a few minutes or longer, it may start right away or it may take many tries to get it running again. Squeezing the primer bulb or using the automatic choke with the key or increasing the manual throttle speed seems to matter little. The boat has a 24 gal fuel tank.

I recently had the engine serviced - new plugs, oil/filter changed, new fuel filter and timing belt checked. The problem existed before the service and still behaves the same after the service - the service does not seems to have made any difference.

The engine always does restart but sometimes it may take several minutes of trying to get it running again.

Does this sound like something that is common - thus there is a solution, or is this problem so vague that it does not have a simple recommendation for a fix?

Thanks

hard to start when warm

please contact me at 850-584-2680. i have a 2005 yam 4 stroke with the same problem. i can tell you what my yam mechanic had to say. my email is loannie@fairpoint.net. or let me know how to call you. thanks... joe

Comment

Working...
    X