F225 Stopped Peeing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F225 Stopped Peeing

After reading all the info on the corrosion problems. I am hoping that I don't have that problem and it is just a thermostat. Are there any tips I should be aware of when replacing these.
    Being a virgin when it comes to working on these motors how do I tell if something went wrong with the water pump? I replaced the impeller a few months ago when it was out of the water. When I use the flushing connection I see water coming thru all the obvious ports, but there is a stream coming from the area where 2 bolts connect the lower unit to the upper. Since this happens on both sides is this normal?

Next Step?

Ok so I had low water flow coming from the pee hole last season. Replaced impeller, no change. Ran fine for a month this season then alarm sounded and no stream came from pee hole. Changed thermostats still no flow. Any ideas?

Comment

I had the same problem just means the pee tube is clogged with probably salt.take a piece of wire that will fit in the pee hole work it around in there that should free up anything that is clogging. That pee hole is just am indicator that the pump is working but it gets clogged easy. If you replaced therm and imp thats all you can do it has to be the tube is clogged

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I tried that myself without much luck. I gave up and brought it to dealer. All set now and all the other maintenance is done as well.

Comment

Working...
        X