Yamaha V6 Excel Oil system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha V6 Excel Oil system

Hello everyone..I am a newbie to the boating world and just bought my first boat. Its a 18ft HydraSports center console with a Yamaha V6 Excel. Not sure what year it is(the motor). So thats one of my questions. How do I find that out? I see a plate on it but can not decipher what is reads.

Also the oil system is giving me a slight problem. Whenever I fill the large oil reservoir with oil it will transfer it to the smaller tank located on the motor but it doesn't appears to be shutting off. After I ran the boat for a very short time I noticed oil pouring out. So when I removed the cowl I then seen the small tank completely full. I was told I could flip the switch OFF thats on the side of the tank but that REALLY bothers me. I'm not at ease operating the boat with the pump manually switched OFF. Is there any advice or solution to this problem?? Any input will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Could be a bad oil level sensor in engine oil tank or a bad oil control module thats just below engine tank, may need to replace both. The switch on engine is an emergency override switch that you use to turn on oil transfer pump in the case that boat tank gets too low on oil.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Ah yes, I had the same problem. After trying a new float switch on the small tank, no luck I ended up replacing the oil control module with a new one and hey presto all ok. In the meantime I had checked all the connections, measured voltages etc. It worked fine on dry land at times and one thought everything was ok but gave me hell on the water, but like I said new module and everything was fine. I purchased the module from this site and it was delivered to Australia in about 8 days which I was very happy about.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullet1750 View Post
        Ah yes, I had the same problem. After trying a new float switch on the small tank, no luck I ended up replacing the oil control module with a new one and hey presto all ok. In the meantime I had checked all the connections, measured voltages etc. It worked fine on dry land at times and one thought everything was ok but gave me hell on the water, but like I said new module and everything was fine. I purchased the module from this site and it was delivered to Australia in about 8 days which I was very happy about.
        Thanks for the input guys. I replaced oil control module and like Bullet1750 said "PRESTO" works like a charm. Thanks you guys made me happier than a purple crack smoking monkey on a magic carpet ride...

Comment

Working...
        X