Fooling Trim Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fooling Trim Gauge

I have an 05 built 06 titled 60 TLR. It has a tilt/ trim sensor with the 167 to 10 ohm resistance to ground. I have an older teleflex trim gauge I am installing which works on the sensor but it reads at a different level without full range but I can rig a shim on the sensor to fool the reading and get the sensor to read in the middle range of the gauge and this is sufficent for all intents of practical usage of info for what the trim gauge is good for. The question for the brain trust is.... the sensor circuit (pink wire) has other devices on it and the ohm read will be different in normal running position if I use the rigged shim, will that harm whatever the other devices are in the pink wire circuit? If the sensor was the only device on the pink wire I would not worry but wonder if there is some kind of reference signal used for the electronics in some way? Thanks for any input.

its a simple potentiometer.
    vary the resistance and the circuit current varys and the magnetic field in the guage varys and the needle moves.
    there is only 1 device on the trim circuit.

Comment

Thanks much for the help. This is a new motor for me and I have not obtained a shop manual yet with the wiring diagram. I traced the pink wire as far as reasonable and found it was in a double connector with pink going each way, so wanted to ask before doing a Bubba thing.

Comment

Working...
      X