Sea foam-shock treatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea foam-shock treatment

Can anyone tell me where i can get hold of some seafoam in Australia, Tasmania. or something similar No one seems to of heard of it down here. This is regarding yamaha post looses power. Ken has given me some ideas to try and he suggested Seafoam to see if it makes a difference b4 sending it off and getting the carbys checked I have tried Pyrol injector cleaner to the fuel but hasnt seemed to done anything for me as seafoam doesnt run thru your tank?

Hi Mate,

I havent used seafoam, but i have used the Quicksilver Decarbonizer which is a foam based spray also. Any mercury dealer keeps it usually.

I have not seen Seafoam on our shores here in oz yet.

Comment

your best bet is to break down the carbs, about a 2 hr job.

Comment

dean,
        You can do a shock treatment with other fuel detergents like Yamaha Ring Free - not sure about the formula, but there should be something on the can about doing a shock treatment.
        Good luck,
        Ken K

Comment

thanks for the replys. jb i will try shock treatment first as i would have no idea how to strip down a carb let alone put it back together. I will leave that one to the experts.

Comment

You don't have to strip the carburator down to all it's small pieces. I watched my mechanic clean my jets with some wire he poked into the two jets. Removing the carburetor on my engine involved two main mounting bolts and two screws for a device that sits atop the carburetor. Pull the fuel feed hose off. Unhook the throtle linkage. The whole thing came off real easy. Once off, on my carb you take off four screws for the main chamber which reveals the jets and the float bowl. Just gently push the float away and clean any crud at the bottom of the bowl. Poke a fine wire gently into the jets to unblock them. Re-assemble and you are set to go.
            It's actually easier than it sounds. Just be carefull not to drop any parts overboard, if you work while the engine is in the water.

Comment

Working...
            X