Throttle Cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle Cable

I have a 1996 Yamaha Outboard C60TLRU with a 703 Remote Control Box, can the Throttle Cable be Adjusted ? I removed the cover off Motor and push ed the Remote Lever forward and it seems to have too much play from Neutral too Forward and now at full throttle the remote Lever bottoms out and I know the motor has more to give. The Throttle & Shift Cables are Original that came with motor. I see that the Cable ends are threaded on the cable with a stop nut. Do I just turn the cable end one way or another and set the stop nut to adjust Cable Free Play ? Any Help would be Greatly Appreciated and Thank You in advance.

can ya try again+
    its confusing.
    you ask about throttle cable adjustment then talk about the shift.
    two seperate cables and systems.

Comment

Rodbolt17 I talking about the Throttle Cable. It seems to have too much freeplay where I Move the remote control lever into forward and where the motor revs up. I know the Cable stretches over time, can it be adjusted to get rid of the freeplay? I'm not getting full RPM's cause the Remote Control Lever can't go down anymore ( Bottoms out at 9 O'clock Postion ) I used to get Full RPM's when the Lever was at around 10 o'clock postion. Thanks for writing back

Comment

Working...
      X