2006 Yamaha 90 Engine misses while running amd idling - need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Yamaha 90 Engine misses while running amd idling - need help

I have a 2006 Yamaha 90 4 stroke and while idling and running it misses. When I run it at home and I pull the spark plug wires #1 and #2 dont sputter like it suppose too. #3 and #4 sputter and almost dies when plug wires are pulled. I also pulled the injector wires one at a time and same outcome. #1 and #2 dont die and dont even sputter and #3 and #4 jus sputters really bad. It ran really good this morning on the way out to the buoy but about halfway there we noticed it missing pretty bad and it wouldnt let us go over 3000 rpm even when opened full throttle. I also checked the spark and #3 and #4 had a strong spark and #1 and #2 had really small spark that it was barely visible. I was told it was maybe the coils. Im gonna test them in the morning but is there anything else i should check?

Check your fuel for contamination... I've had intermittent RPM problems due to water in the fuel... sounds to me like a bad Coil Pack though...
    90 Yami on a 16' Sea-N-Sport. Rides smooth as silk when the water turns to a sheet of glass.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! I tested the coil packs and did find that one of them needs to be replaced. I'll also be changing the fuel filters. Hopeful that does the job!

Comment

How did you test the coil packs?

Comment

Working...
        X