150 HPDI shutting down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150 HPDI shutting down

I have a 2001 Z150TLRZ hpdi mounted on 22ft Grady White .The motor works great but when i get into rough water and the boat hits the waves it shuts down for a second or two then picks up again.Does this on every hard wave have to resort to just idling to get home.I was thinking of possible loose connections but i cant find anything.Had recent service plugs,filters etc
    Thanks

When you say recent service, filters, etc. you need to find out specifically if the VST filter was changed. If the problem of a power loss is a surge then it could be a fuel problem. If this is the case, you need to consider changing the VST filter before you burn out the elec. fuel pump. I have 150 Hpdi's and have been through this many times.
    Insufficient Fund$ II - 26' Paramount, twin Yamaha 150 HPDI's
    Sometimes you eat the bear, Sometimes the bear eats you!

Comment

Yes i did have the vst tank off and screen cleaned 2 months ago,had all three filters changed,but like you say maybe i should check it again or at least drain it and check for water.Someone mentioned that the float in the oil tank might be acting up but i dont get the alarm sounding. Do you suppose it could be happening so fast the alarm doesnt get triggered

Comment

Hollywoodfish you were right vst screen was the problem,cant thank you enough for your help saved me alot of trouble.Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X