X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i sure miss my evinrude

i sure miss my evinrude

Hello dinkus,

Yep, know what you mean. When mine went "belly up" after 15 years of good service, I wondered what I would do.

Seems as if Evinrude priced themselves out of my market. So, I purchased a new Yamaha .... about 1800 bucks cheaper.

Anyway, I truly believe that the Yamaha will give me similar good service. I do know that the Yamaha starts eaiser than my old Evinrude, even when the Evinrude was new, it was a cold natured beast. The Yamaha seems to have a little nicer mid-range "feel" to it. However, the Yamaha is not as quiet as my old Evinrude.

I believe that I made the right choice and that the Yamaha will be a good motor.

Comment

I can't say I miss my Evinrude

I was an OMC owner for many years but I have to tell you that I do not miss my cold starting Evinrude. My last two or three Evinrudes were beast to start when cold or first starting each and every day. They were also fuel hogs and noisy compared to my Yamaha. My last boat had a four stroke Mercury on it for the past three seasons and I thought it was a great engine for starting and over-all operation. This year I purchased my "new boat" and my Yamaha four stroke and I have a new opinion to who has the best engine and I vote Yamaha! No I do not miss my Evinrudes or my Mercury either. I love my Yamaha four stroke. Turn the key and it purrs... yes you do have to listen for the purr at idle as it is so quiet. Yet she will roar a silent growl when I desire the big cat to get up and go.

Comment

I can't complain about the Evinrudes I've had...all gave me good service.The Yamahas however have been better.I drag raced for several years and loved 'em.Now have a highly modified 225 and a stock 200 for my Allison.They have been great.Now...don't get me started about a Merc!!!

Comment

Working...
        X