No announcement yet.

Problem with 2004 200 HPDI - WOT won't exceed 4800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just reinstalled the injectors and replaced the injector driver. Started right up..... idles fine and additional 2 cylinders engage when put in gear. Just need to test it out in the water.....

One question regarding the injector o-rings and the fuel rail. I forgot to lube the o-rings when re-assembling..... everything went together fine and I checked for leaks while the engine was running. Everything appears fine, but I feel stupid that I forgot to lubricate the o-rings. Should I leave it alone, or pull the fuel rails, check the o-rings, lube, and re-assemble?

After installing the injectors in the head, I evenly tightened the fuel rail bolts to seat the injectors to the rail. It went smoothly, but I would like to know if this could cause an issue.

Comment

if its not leaking its good.
      I worry more that the packing between the injector and the head was installed correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
        if its not leaking its good.
        I worry more that the packing between the injector and the head was installed correctly.
        Yes, I replaced the gaskets (2) on each injector and followed the orientation directions from Yamaha.

Comment

Working...
        X