Yamaha F50 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha F50 2005

Looking for 4 carbs for this motor, got told today that ethanol has runied my current ones. Any ideas on where to buy them?

I went to the link on the side of the page, boats.net. How do you determine what carb you have? THe prices sure beat what I am getting quoted by my mechanic. Got to be something missing other than labor and some mark up.

Comment

what model number as 04 shows carb and 05 shows efi

Comment

Well I am at a loss for a serial or model as it is at the mechanics now. It is a 2005 with 4 carbs is about what I know now. Was quoted 2000 today for 3 new carbs, about had a heart attack. What do I need to know to get right ones if that is even a correct diagnosis? Serial and model?

Comment

Does it help that it is a four stroke?

Comment

2004 F50TLRC Yamaha Outboard CARBURETOR Diagram and Parts

he says they cant be rebuilt? im not familiar with those, wait for more experienced answers

Comment

He says the ethanol has caused too much damage on 3 of them. I question that but getting more opinions is just more money. It is Hontoon Marina in Deland, Florida. They have a good rep from what I know and use that special dip tank to clean, ultra sound or something. He has had them off three times this week and says one more time, then that is it. $2000.00 is alot to sink into a motor I think is not worth much more than that. I would like to if nothing else just hand him 4 carbs new and say put them on, about 200 each and some labor. Does ethanol really just eat a carb beyond rebuilding? Heck I run the dang boat every weekend, and it only has 200 hours on it since its last service.

Comment

I found out yesterday after visiting the mechanic that it is a 2004 and I got the carb numbers
                62Y-14901, 902, 903, 904 - 41-00.

The mechanic came down to 1200.00 for all 4 carbs. I can still save about 200.00 using boats.net. Now I have a question about the carbs from them. Has anyone ever bought carbs from them? Are they new? It looks like my mechanic is wanting to charge me MSRP or close to it. Any help will be appriciated as I am ready to order them asap but need some reassurance. Thx in advance.

Comment

After doing some research on boats.net and the other online discount parts houses on line I think I will spend the extra 200.00 and get the carbs from the mechanic who has the motor now. He came down to MSRP pricing and is willing to put them on for 1 hour labor including tuning.

Comment

are you sure you dont just need fuel bowls.
                    as thats all that holds fuel once the motor is off I am having issues with 4 complete carbs.

Comment

Working...
                    X