analog tachometer installation on tiller F40LA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• analog tachometer installation on tiller F40LA

I am trying to install a analog tachometer with temp/oil lights to a F40LA tiller outboard. The problems I am having are none of the wires colors match up and there are 5 wires form the tach part and the wire harness only has 2 with jumpers. I have the separate cable harness for the temp/oil connection. Has anyone done this?

You would have to splice into the green, yellow and black wires at key switch and extend to tach green, yellow and black wires. Then order a 6Y5-83653-00-00 Trim/Oil harness and connect to off white colored square connector on engine and to square connector on tach, set tach for 12 pole alternator.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

tw8790

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me on this. you mentioned the green, black, and yellow wires from the tach, There is a blue and black wire that come out also? You also mentioned the white plug in four prong connector, I have that harness, but on the tach for the white connector there is a separate male plug in yellow/red stripe wire. There is a pink/red stripe male plug wire that is coming out of the back side of the connector, where do they go?

Comment

Working...
      X