2004 250 hpdi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 250 hpdi

Looking a at purchasing a boat with 2004 250 HPDI VMAX with 325 hours. Motor runs well and going to have a compression check done in person before purchase. I'm not concened with the reputation of these motors has i have been around plenty of them and think most of the issues arise from the lack of
    good fuel system maintenace. What recommedations are there for me having a mechanic run through the motor and do a PM. What should be perfomed?

Yamaha tech should survey engine. That includes plugging his laptop in and determining any problems.
    1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
    1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

make sure ALL the regulator,ECU,oil pump linkrod and oil pump updates were done.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
        make sure ALL the regulator,ECU,oil pump linkrod and oil pump updates were done.
        Will the motor indicate this in a print out? In other words does it know if it has parts replaced or does the tech input that info?

Comment

if it was properly done, the YMBS printout will show it.
          my opinion of the Z and VZ 250 motors? they are worth about 18 cents a pound.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
            if it was properly done, the YMBS printout will show it.
            my opinion of the Z and VZ 250 motors? they are worth about 18 cents a pound.
            The big blocks have a bad rep. How 'bout the small block HPDI?

Comment

Working...
            X