04 ox66 150 TRP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 04 ox66 150 TRP

While heading in last weekend I had the buzzer go off. As soon as I heard it I came off plane. As I backed off the throttle I felt it hesitate and miss but it idled fine and I shut it off. About two minutes later I started it up and ran about a two miles and it did it again. I shut it off and waited a couple minutes. I started it up and idled in to the ramp slow and it never went back off. What could it be? I'm going to take it in to my mechanic but I'm curious to know what he should be looking for. BTW I pulled the cowling off and the oil tank on the side of the motor was at the full mark.

digital or analog gauges?
    if digital what was the error ?
    its an oil or overheat issue

Comment

I have digital guages.
      I didn't see any kind of code. I may need to go look at that to see if its still there. I didn't know it would do that.
      If it's an overheat issue I guess he'll be checking the t=stats.
      I thought my motor had that three strike alarm system if it went low on oil.

Comment

Did you check oil level when the alarm was going off or after it was reset or back at the dock?

Normally the over temp takes some time to cool back off not just a couple of minutes

Comment

I had 1 pint of oil with me. As soon as it went off I put the pint in the tank in the bilge. The tank in the bilge had oil in it already. I didn't reset anything manually. The oil was checked at the dock.

Comment

NO audible alarms are associated with the remote tank, period.
            audibles can be set by water detect, if equipped, low battery,overheat, low engine oil tank level.

Comment

Working...
            X