Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1980 4hp 2 stroke fnr lever snapped! Manual required.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1980 4hp 2 stroke fnr lever snapped! Manual required.

Hi guys, this is my first post on here. I did a few searches, but couldn't find a thread that's already covered this topic. Last time I used my 1980 4hp outboard, the fnr lever came off in my hand! Must've had it laid down on the wrong side :-( the outer part snapped. I eventually tracked down the replacement part from the US, thinking it would be an easy job to replace. I can't see the head of the bolt that goes into this hole, so I'll need to take off some other stuff, but I don't want to attempt that until I have a manual, cos I'll probably end up making a complete mess of it. Problem is - I can't find a manual! I found one that looks like it might be what I'm after, except it states it's from 1984+, so might not be for my outboard. I did read somewhere that Yamaha didn't start selling those outboards in the US until 1984, that's why the manual says that. Does anybody know where I can find the exact manual I need? Don't want to be getting something shipped from America, only to find it's the wrong one! Thanks. Jim.

Hi guys, just bumping this. Still can't be certain what manual I need, or if someone has replaced a gear lever before and could provide some instruction? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
    X