yamaha 150 four stroke codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the other engine has possibly an issue with the alarm,
    the one that quit most likly has water in the VST.
    drain the VST,refill it with clean fuel and try again.
    on the F150, if you try to crank it with the stop lanyard removed you will get a steady alarm tone.

Comment

ok that is the filter i have drained and still will not crank
      Last edited by fullthrottle6181; 03-28-2011, 06:48 PM.

Comment

that engine has 7 fuel filters under the hood.
        one at the front.one after the fuel pumps and prior to the VST,one in the VST and one in each injector.
        most hulls will also have a hull mounted filter.
        however its quick and easy to test spark and test fuel pressure.
        but if its water in the fuel that made it quit then your engine is rusting as we type.
        the injectors dont care WHAT liquid is sprayed.

Comment

I drained the one on the front. I had no idea there were 7. Where is the VST located?

Comment

I have a feeling that you do not have a service manual for your motor that you are trying to work on, and I do not know why anyone is willing to do that without the manual.
            There is so much info and instructions in it.
            You spend so much money to purchase the motor , but refuse to buy the necessary instructions to work on it yourself, if that is what you desire.
            There is a reason people buy the equipment and manuals to make a living working on these things, they are not real simple and it cost money.
            pick up a manual for your motor or read a lot of info in the forums and hope someone can and will answer your questions.
            Sorry, I just wondered off and did not help with the answer

Comment

do i need to start putting on here who i would like to answer these questions. If you are not going to answer the question dont reply with your smart a** comments.

Comment

Rodbolt, if you would like to answer the question I would greatly appreciate it. Or if anyone else would like to HELP I would appreciate it.

Comment

the VST is located on the stbd side behind the intake manifold.
                  takes about 1.5 hours to service it.
                  a service manual may be rather helpful about now.
                  and like I said, if it has water in the VST, your valves and cylinder walls are rusting as we speak.

Comment

That is how you answer a question. Appreciate it Rodbolt. No smart a** comments needed.

Comment

yep, a used alternator is all that is needed.

Comment

I guess a**holes just cant keep thoughts to themselves.

Comment

Working...
                        X