Parts for unknown model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts for unknown model

I own a Yamaha 150 CETO model 1992 2 stroke Serial 6G4 UL 758477.

This is my first post into this nice forum. I apologize for my poor english ( I'm Italian). I always do maintenance myself for my outboard but I have a silly question : I cannot find anywhere parts list for my model and I would like to know to wich model shell I refer to. I know many parts are the same for other model. but I'd like to see my model listed !

At the moment I'm experiencing buzzing for overheating over 4000 rpm. I noticed I've poppet valve stocked. This will be my first try... in this case there shoul be no problem because parts are the same for many model.
    Any suggestion on how to clean and remouve the pressure valve ???

2° question : the motor is runnin fine but I cannot see RPM over 4400. He's pushing a a 6 meters boat with a 16 prop. I never had the chance to try with a smoller prop, and before that I would like to check if the fuel line have problem. I wold like to change the inside fuel filter, but I cannot find the part number. I don't know how to open the case where is the filter... it seems to be all one piece... shell I force it twistig it or shell I look for the spare part all in one ???

Sorry for beeing so long...

We don't have any information on that model and don't know what or US model would match.
    If may need a new water pump and thermostats cleaned or replaced.
    You might the Tach setting to see if set for 12 pole alternator, Tach may be reading correctly.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      You might the Tach setting to see if set for 12 pole alternator, Tach may be reading correctly.
      I don't understand what do you mean by that !

Comment

Same problem

I have a Yamaha 150 with the same serial number and the exact same model number. (150 CETO) It appears to be a 90's motor, but I cannot find a year model.

Online, I have only seen references to this model number on British and Australian sites. Could this be an import to the US?
        -Tony

Comment

Originally posted by thilltony View Post
          I have a Yamaha 150 with the same serial number and the exact same model number. (150 CETO) It appears to be a 90's motor, but I cannot find a year model.

Online, I have only seen references to this model number on British and Australian sites. Could this be an import to the US?
          So you have the exact same serial number motor? 6G4 UL 758477?

That is one hell of a coincidence. I have never heard of Yamaha putting the same serial on two motors. It is a first for me.

Looks to be a 1992 model year motor.

The 150CETO was not offered by Yamaha USA here in the US. Therefore, the motor had to have come from some other country.

Comment

Japan I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
              The 150CETO was not offered by Yamaha USA here in the US. Therefore, the motor had to have come from some other country.
              Originally posted by JohnOrrett View Post
              Japan I believe.
              why, that's remarkable - I think MY Yamaha outboard ALSO came from Japan!

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
                why, that's remarkable - I think MY Yamaha outboard ALSO came from Japan!
                Don't be quite so sure. Some come from France.

But it is funny when there is talk here in the USA of "international" Yamaha's.

When Japan most likely thinks of the USA as international.

Wish I knew why Yamaha takes the exact same motor and labels it as one model if and when it is sent to Europe and then labels it as something else when it is sent to the USA. Heck, even Canada has different model identities for the same motor that is sent to the US.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOrrett View Post
                  Japan I believe.
                  But what country did it go to from Japan before it came into the USA from some country other than Japan?

Who is on first. What is on second.

Comment

There lies the question . It seems a lot of CETO models were Asia and Australasia. I know some were European. Someone else asked about a CETO on this forum a year or so ago.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                      So you have the exact same serial number motor? 6G4 UL 758477?

That is one hell of a coincidence. I have never heard of Yamaha putting the same serial on two motors. It is a first for me.

Looks to be a 1992 model year motor.

Sorry, I meant to say the same serial number prefix.

As you showed me, mine is a 1991.

Mine could possibly be a Canadian motor, as there is some french on the bottom on one of my tags. It's not that far away, especially compared to Europe or Australia.

Makes you wonder where this motor has been...
                      -Tony

Comment

Working...
                      X