No announcement yet.

Yamaha 115 HP x 4 stroke outboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axolotl98 - I like your idea, I do have a brand new Lowrance HDS-7 but I was told by a techician of "boats.net" that my 2004 motors do not have the neccessary applications/fittings to install NMEA2000, which may be different to what you are recommending. However you now mention something different & very interesting from what I understand on your post. Can you pls. be so kind to let me know or confirm before I visist the Lowrance agent if my 2004 machines are able to give a reading to the Lowrance via the Fuel Flow Sensors. looking forward to your reply and THANKS.. Hi Viking, thank you for a very informative post, I am learning lots of new things with all the support that I am receiving. I like your boat, Calamar..well we call this squid which we fish for with squid lures between October & March..Kalamar, very tasty!! I use a different boat to the Seafox for inshore fishing. I wish i could post a pic but i do not know how...(any guidance?) cos the boats we make use of here are traditional in design but very sea worthy, all made in fibre glass these days...mostly with inboard engines. Being so far away from you guys it would be interesting to post a photo every now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by axolotl98 View Post
      You can always install a pair of the Lowrance EP-60R Fuel Flow Sensors in your fuel lines (one for each engine), which can be plugged through a Lowrance-net with your HDS-7 and show every fuel consumption detail you might wish to see !
      You can also install a standalone Lowrance instrument LMF-200 or LMF 400 if you want to watch your fuel consumption on a separate instrument

his post says to " install a pair of the Lowrance EP-60R Fuel Flow Sensors in your fuel lines (one for each engine)"

Look up the sensors on the web, these would not have any thing to do with the type of motor or the ability of the motor to give info to the Lowrance unit, they are sensors you install in the fuel lines to the motors and hook them into the Lowrance unit

To post pictures drop down to the Manage attachments and click on that
      Last edited by 99yam40; 03-21-2011, 03:44 PM.

Comment

axolotl98 - I replied yesterday to yourself and Viking but I do not know where the post went to, cant see it here! Sorry guys may have hit the wrong key!! Many thanks axolotl98 for your very informative response which is really appreciated, you are all so kind to me. Today I went to the Lowrance agent and "viola" he has the EP-60R sensors & cables for both motors. With installation for both the cost is of Euro400/$560. Oh, Viking, your boat really looks nice, I like the way she plains. I note the name.."calamar"..we call squid here Kalamar and what a tasty meal they are? We catch these inshore with squid lures from October to March, just before and after sunset. I do not use my Seafox for inshore fishing but have a nice 16.5ft traditional Maltese boat built with fibreglass. These boats are very sea worthy, retain the old colourful design and most are equipped with inboards. If anybody can help me out in telling me how to post some ppics I will do so. Certainly very interesting for you guys seeing something different from the other side of the world. Cheers and thanks.
        Last edited by bandamamalta; 03-22-2011, 03:41 PM. Reason: Sorry chaps once again - I just noted that my reply of yesterday has been shown..I must be getting tired at this late hour.an

Comment

Hello again, "The Calamar"is a modified fishing boat and armed like a small cruise is ideal for these shallow waters and mud with a lot of sailing in 50 cm of water and floats to 15 cm, the name was put on elusiveness and versatility to maneuver despite its size basically behaves like a semi-rigid inflatable boat and the F115 takes on the air, others that include eating as I mentioned is that of a much smaller boat, the distances here are huge and filling stations are rare, so I had to put a 120ls inner tank, which gives me between 250 and 300 km of autonomy depending on the conditions of navigation.
          As for uploading photos when you choose to replicate a toolbar appears with a box yellow, if you select in a new window asking you the URL of the photo that should be available before any server to publish, copy and paste the address and ready.
          I hope you serve.

Comment

Working...
          X