Yamaha parts availability after earthquake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha parts availability after earthquake

I am sorry about all of the destruction that is on the news in Japan and I appologize for this request but could your company President ask the CEO of Yamaha to reassure us on this forum that Yamaha factories and distribution network remain operational and we will continue to have access to spare parts at a fair price? I have enjoyed my Yamaha outboard for 10 years and hope to continue to enjoy using and maintaining it myself with spare parts form this site. Thank you.

very possible that 10,000 or more people have died over there and you are worried about you may need a spare part in the future!
    what is wrong with you?

Comment

funny and morbid as it is, Yamaha sent a letter to the dealers last friday stating that the Yamaha Japan facilities are ok and running mostly normal.
      prayers go out to those affected.

Comment

Most Japanese marine firms report little damage

At first contact, Japanese marine firms report that their facilities have largely avoided the damage of last week's earthquake and tsunami, though updates continue to come in.

Yamaha Motor Corp, the US subsidiary of its personal watercraft and sportboat division, said that communications between the US and Japan are “limited” by the damage to the country’s infrastructure.

“At this time, our Japanese parent company has received no reports of damage or injuries at Yamaha Motor’s main facilities in Japan, nor injuries or deaths among Yamaha Motor employees or immediate family members,” said an emailed statement. “We are continuing to work with our colleagues in Japan and elsewhere across the global Yamaha Motor organisation to determine the extent of the damage and an appropriate company response. Our thoughts are with all those affected by this devastating natural disaster.”

"Yanmar's marine factories are located on the opposite side of the island from where the devastation occurred, so no damage is reported," said Greg Eck, a Yanmar America spokesman. "However, Yanmar has other product factories all over Japan, and some near the Northeast. We have not heard any report on them yet."

Steve Fleming, a spokesman for Mercury Marine, said that Tohatsu Motor Corp (TMC), a joint venture in outboard manufacturing between Mercury and Tohatsu, is operational. “The TMC plant closed down the day of the earthquake after experiencing shakes but so far has reported no damage,” said Fleming in an email. “They returned to work Monday. The plant is on the southern end of the island and the quake was off the northeastern end.”

Honda suspends outboard operations in Japan
        4 hours ago

"Nationwide recovery efforts" have prompted the outboard manufacturer to suspend production at most facilities in Japan

Because of nationwide recovery efforts in Japan, Honda said that it intends to suspend production at most of its facilities, including its Hamamatsu outboard manufacturing and assembly facility. The company said it sustained some damage at facilities in the Tochigi area, including its Tochigi Factory, R&D Center and Honda Engineering Co. Operations will be suspended at those facilities from March 14 through 20.

Comment

Working...
        X