Command Link for 2010 F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command Link for 2010 F150

I want to know what I need to buy to upgrade to the command link system on my boat. I know I need the round gauges but not sure what else I need.

I also wanted to know if I can hook this set up to my Garmin 740 using the NMEA 2000?

Thanks

go with the two square gauge package.
    tachometer and speedometer.
    will give all the info you need.
    yes certain paremeters can be displayed on the garmin, but I gotta ask, WHY?

Comment

I dont know how much info I can get from the gauges themselves. Mainly for route planning and all, I guess if it was able to why not feed the info into the GPS and get everything I can out of it.

I know you said the square gauges, but is there a big advantage over the round? I have round gauges in there now so I was hoping I could just do a one for one swap. Besides gauges what else will I need to purchase for this upgrade?

Thanks

Comment

the 6y5 digital round take the same mounting hole as the 6y8(command link) square.
        no hole mods required.
        the square guage package displays way more information than the round command link.
        we have difficulty getting much information from Yamaha on displaying information on equipment they dont make.
        you may check your engine PID to see if it will display command link plus, that is a cool very customizeable display.
        only thing I dont like about command link is its not very user friendly at all.
        takes a lot of playing to finnaly figgue most of it out.
        however it will give a lot of info on trip times,speed,ETA, fuel burn by either MPG or hours and total fuel burned.
        as my fuel sender is whacked,wont start registering until the last 18 gallons out of 65 gallons, I use the fuel use total extensivly.
        typically I will run it until I have used 55 gallons and refill the tank, its rarely more than 1 gallon off and thats probably me.
        I would fix the fuel sender and may some day, but its going to require removing the ladder for the second station.
        more trouble than a fuel sender is worth.

Comment

Working...
        X