losing power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• losing power

i have a 2006 yamaha F150TXR that powers an 18 ft grady white sporstman. The motor will get the vessel up on plane then loses power after a few minutes. I did have an issues with water in the fuel but drained the tank and changed the filter and fuel water separator as well as the plugs. Any ideas on what could still be causing this issue.

probably the screens/filters in VST and injectors, maybe the filter in front of VST if it has one.
    get it hooked up to a computer and check fuel pressures

Comment

what is the VST

Comment

vapor separating tank

You can search the forum and read some of the other posts on your motor
        Last edited by 99yam40; 02-12-2011, 11:23 AM.

Comment

No VST on this engine I need to find the screens for the injectors now??

Comment

the VST chamber is behind the intake manifold..you have to remove the intake manifold to get to the VST chamber..you need to go to e-bay and get a manual if you are going to DIY

Comment

This is the F150 VST. As said before the manifold must be unbolted, but complete removal is not necessary. The plastic intake tubes must be removed. Care is necessary to avoid losing parts. It is not a difficult process, but is somewhat complicated. Some of the screws holding the VST cover on will come out stubbornly. Proceed with care. The filters (shown on the lower right edge of the bench) are not cheap. If you have a digital camera, take pictures as you go. A good number of fuel connections to hook up when done and you'll want a record of what goes where.
              Attached Files

Comment

you will find manifold removal is the simplest and fastest method to access the VST filters.
                its dirt simple and takes about 1.5 hours.
                needs to be done about every other season.
                the pump filter usually, can be cleaned and reused.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks, I checked the VST and cleaned all the filters and injector screens and boat ran fine today other than running a little hot. I may have to change the water pump impeller i guess? Any help on how to do that would be appreciated

Comment

a little hot?
                    is that like a little pregnant?

Comment

Originally posted by gwyami150 View Post
                      Thanks, I checked the VST and cleaned all the filters and injector screens and boat ran fine today other than running a little hot. I may have to change the water pump impeller i guess? Any help on how to do that would be appreciated

You really need to make sure you cleaned fuel system all well enough as a lean running motor can cause heat as well as not enough water flow or blocked water passages

Comment

Working...
                      X